The dictionary tells us that enrobing is a process of covering roots with praline, which is a fertiizing substance made from earth mixed with fertilizer.
Before planting a rosetree or a tree, you enrobe the bare roots. Applying a mixture of mud, well-decomposed dung and water prevents the roots from drying and helps the plants growth :
- Wash the roots and remove the broken ones
- Mix good garden earth with well-decomposed compost in a bucket or a wheel-barrow.
- Add water until you obtain a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Steep your plant’s roots in the mixture.
- Plant your plant in its designated place.
In specialized shops, concentrated enrobing powder is available.